Proverbs 18:24 (NIV).
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother…….
Thoughts on This Verse…
Close spiritual friends — the kind that can hold us accountable when we need it, build us up when we’re down, or celebrate with us when we’ve enjoyed success — are truly rare. So many people are lonely; they’re lonely for something, or better yet, someone, they’ve never experienced. We have a tendency in modern western culture to have acquaintances and companions instead of friends and partners. When things go poorly, when we have nothing to offer to them, acquaintances can run away in times of trouble or fade away if things are long and protracted. There are, however, true friends whose commitment and dedication are deeper than even physical family. How do I know? God promised it! I’ve seen it! My family has been blessed by it! So let’s hear the call to be that kind of friend to others and in so doing, we will often find that kind of friend for ourselves.
- Verse of the Day : Proverbs 10:21 (mystiic.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 4:24 (proverbialthought.com)
- Proverbs 4: 25-26 (proverbialthought.com)
- Proverbs 10:12 Bible Verse for the Day (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- What Is Your Friendship Reputation? (fightlikegirls.wordpress.com)
- Discipline the Child (kimberlydefined.wordpress.com)
- Verse of the Day : James 1:15 (mystiic.wordpress.com)
- Verse of the day: Psalm 37:16-17 (NIV) (mystiic.wordpress.com)
- Wednesday Word: Loyalty from Proverbs (farthestoceans.wordpress.com)