We often miss out on the “why” of a life incident by judging it too soon! Sometimes, it is a gift, left to be opened as mature adults with a brand new perspective The power of Gratitude has a way to reverse the effects, if we choose to want to stop hurting. Gratitude, is universal, it does not understand WRONG, its only purpose is to REVEAL the WHY, that you may release the WHAT, WHEN, WHERE , HOW and WHO of HISTORY that has kept you HURTING, knowingly or unknowingly. It is true, that most of us are UNAWARE of “WHY” we’re still hurting, only and only because, we’ve held the PAST too long to remember… that we’ve yet to RELEASE it!! I chose a new way forward… with phenomenal results… I NOW live in the NOW… happy that NO MATTER WHAT happened in the PAST… I learnt from it… to be the person I am today! I learnt and I let go… of the pain… NOT the memory! The memory NOW a GIFT, that made me ME!!
I had a very high vibration experience, with what I now choose to call “Reverse Gratitude” on three different occasions in the last couple of weeks. The sense of balancing life’s events that once were painful memories… that I have decided that I can now share it with YOU.
How, every incident/Occurrence in our lives is meant for a purpose, to teach us something. More often than not… if we haven’t reached the lesson, acknowledged and accepted the purpose the incident was meant to serve… we continue hurting. And we all don’t really want to hurt.. now… or in the future!! Do we?
Then again, to be able to acknowledge it, we must bring to our awareness the truth of the WHY of the event. The truth, can only be revealed when we accept it as an event in which we can find a reason to be grateful for the occurrence. Some memories, have multiple WHY’s… each WHY a lesson!! So, while I prepare a whole technique, which you will be able to read in “The Co-Inspired Life”, my second book!! Here’s a pilot… to help you help me by Co-Inspiring the COMPLETE “Reverse Gratitude” module!!
Here’s how to begin the process
1) Do this when you have 21 minutes of YOU time OR you have a partner you can do this with, sharing with someone, can bring up even more powerful memories of Gratitude!
2) Think about a which area of your life you would like to heal the past of to create a brand new experience NOW:
a) Relationships b) Profession c) Social d) Family e) Finances f) Personal etc..
3) Now find one THOUGHT that makes you feel a sense of gratitude. Let’s take RELATIONSHIPS… You could choose one particular relationship… or a community relationship. Even if the memories hurt… and they will… find ONE MEMORY from all of them that does make you smile. Just ONE
RIGHT NOW I AM MOST GRATEFUL FOR________
4) Now begin to trace backwards… all the events that led to this MOMENT of Gratitude!!
a) who introduced you… there maybe multiple sources… through whom you met!! Express your Gratitude to those people… events… memories.
5) How did you meet those people… who introduced you?? go back… to that moment… you’ll find it amusing that your memories… will take you places People, events, moments… that will make you smile.
6) As you continue to “thank in reverse order” you will realise, that some of the events you ONCE found painful to remember… are really the KEY events that you did not connect with as part of your gratitude.
7) Keep asking yourself questions as you float backwards with Gratitude. Here are some that can help you dig deeper :
a) What was happening in that memory? and thank for it.
b) Who was in this memory with me? and be grateful for them.
c) How did I get to this particular memory? what happened that led to this particular event? and be grateful for the trigger!!!
To cut the story short… so that you can begin your own “REVERSE GRATITUDE” …. here’s what I am most Grateful for RIGHT NOW in my life….
If my parents hadn’t SEPARATED when I was 5… I wouldn’t have been here… sharing this phenomenal technique with you
Here’s wishing you HEALING and LOVE… think and thank… the past has a purpose… and your NOW is WITNESS of it!!
A special mention of Gratitude to a fellow blogger… who’s post… and our sharing… prompted this reblog… Thank you Zen and the Art of Borderline Maintenance for her wonderful sharing in Dear Bio-Dad… You are forgiven. Another Thank you here is a must to The Truth Warrior for the wonderful post True Living!!
I must now… leave you to create your own… Completion of “Reverse Gratitude” … that we may continue to find new perspectives that Co-Inspire… to bring us to the powerful NOW we live!!
Gratitude to ALL THA T IS for ALL THAT IS!!
- Gratitude (whiterthansnow.org)
- Reading between words: N.U.D.G.E (mystiic.wordpress.com)
- Gratitude and the Gratitude-Exercise Connection (natalializon.wordpress.com)
- On Gratitude: The Virtual Gratitude Visit (psychcentral.com)
- Clearing Up The Gratitude – Thankful Dilemma (purewellnessliving.com)
- Gratitude revisited … again (Go “G”) (taochild.wordpress.com)
- Scarcity, Abundance, and Gratitude (Part 2) (loveinmyownskin.wordpress.com)
- Gratitude Unlocks the Fullness of Life (zanesjourneyproject.wordpress.com)