I love you… the words we love to hear… however, don’t really know how to use it to feel it The most common word used in a relationship… yet the most often abused 3 words ever. I love you… sounds so beautiful to the ear… and feels so beautiful to the heart and makes a rainbow appear in the scenic visual of the mind. Then, when the rainbow fades… and reality strikes… love flies out of the window.
In my own quest with love… as I looked back on my historic relationships … the “peak-plateau-valley”… it is astonishing how… the “birth-life-death” cycle of “I Love You”… in each phase, the meaning changed and the magnificent relationship changed too… I Love you became three words!
So, we decided to create a whole new way to say I Love You and truly feel it with each other. We had to say “I Love You” a million times over… to create a mammoth painting of all that “I Love You” could possibly mean within and around our relationship. What was first such a pressure on poor the poor “I” who “loves” the “YOU”, became a relationship builder. We realised for us to sustain the thrill and excitement with each other, we needed to expand LOVE to everything we love. So, we began with making a list for the love game, beginning with ourselves… 1o parallel lists about things we loved…
1) 10 things I love about ME
2) 10 things I love about YOU
3) 1o things I love about WE
4) 10 things I love about our LIFE
5) 10 things I love about our family (just ours and extended)
6) 10 things I love about my work
7) 10 things I love about your work (this is the hard one… yet… to love your partner enough, you have find ways to appreciate what he does and understand most, why he does it and learn to love him with his work)
8) 10 things I love from our memories since the day we met
9) 10 things I can learn to love about you (this is the fun one, you realise, that your partner does have faults, but when you look on the faults with love… you’ll learn to love him with the flaws intact)
10) 10 things I’d love to do together with you (the happiest part to work with and so the last .
LOVE is only complete when we understand HOW love DOES complete. If you were to remove LOVE from COMPLETE… you’d be left with COMP_ETE… COMPETE!!
Don’t try and fill up all the lists on ONE day… it can be quite a task Each day, spend an hour together, filling up ONE CATEGORY… will all the LOVE you have and in 10 days, you’ll each have 100 ways to LIVE this love… a 100 new ways to stay in love and 20 experiences to plan together.
Another interesting thing to do… well, as part of number 10… is to keep striking off the the achieved… and adding it up. I can promise you, WEAKends, WEAKdays and WEAK moments will be a thing of the past!!
CHOOSE … CHOOSE COMPETE
- How to Stay in Love, be Happy & Keep That &Ldquo;in Love” Feeling Alive When Things Seem Hopeless (socyberty.com)
- Special Relationships (sanora1.wordpress.com)
- Digital Love…. (dabholkarmadhura.wordpress.com)
- The sound of one hand clapping (iamjustabee.wordpress.com)
- I love, but… (yoganne.wordpress.com)
- Love (daphnegan.wordpress.com)
- Do what you love? (sellleadsucceed.com)
- the misconceptions of doing what you love (necessaryoutlet.wordpress.com)
- Culture: LOVE (lightwalkers.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Wait Too Long To Love Yourself (spiritualbabbles.wordpress.com)
- Re-Birthday (mrswriteword.wordpress.com)